What are ADA’s Downpayment Assistance Programs?
Invest Atlanta Downpayment Assistance Programs combine Home Atlanta 4.0, NeighborhoodLift sm Program (NLP), Atlanta Affordable Homeownership Program (AAHOP), and Vine City/English Avenue Home Ownership Assistance program (HOAP).
These programs provide funding to eligible homebuyers for purchase of a new or existing home. Funding will be use to pay all or a portion of the closing costs and/or the down payment associated with purchasing a home.
First-Time homebuyers as well as previous homeowners.
AAHOP is our only program that requires you to be a first-time buyer, current residence must be sold prior to closing on the new home.
- Income limits cannot exceed program income limits (see individual charts)
- Must contribute at least $1,500 of your own funds toward closing
- Have acceptable credit
- Qualify for first mortgage with Invest Atlanta approved lender
- Must be owner occupied
Maximum Income Limits:
Home Atlanta 4.0
(using an FHA 1st Mortgage)
$53,400 for 1-person household
$61,000 for 2-person household
$68,650 for 3-person household
$76,250 for 4-person household
$82,350 for 5-person household
(using a Conv. 1st Mortgage)
$55,700 for 1-person household
$63,650 for 2-person household
$71,600 for 3-person household
$79,550 for 4-person household
$85,950 for 5-person household
$37,150 for 1-person household
$42,450 for 2-person household
$47,750 for 3-person household
$53,050 for 4-person household
$57,300 for 5-person household
$66,300 for 1-2 person households
$76,245 for 3 or more person households
- Single-family detached homes, condo, and townhomes
- Purchase price cannot exceed $252,890
- Properties must be located in the city of Atlanta and pay city taxes
- Newly constructed or existing home
To determine if property is in the city of Atlanta, visit:
Vine City/English Avenue*
Must be located within the Trust Fund Boundaries: Joseph Lowery Blvd; Donald Hollowell Pkwy; Northside Dr.; Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Assistance in the form of a 0% interest second mortgage
- Loans deferred from 5-15 years; repayment is due upon sale, transfer, refinance or when home is no longer owner occupied.
- Must be fixed-rate mortgage
How Do I Get Started?
- Attend Invest Atlanta approved homebuyers
- Contact one of ADA’s participating lenders to get
pre-qualified and secure 1st
- Find a home within the city
limits of Atlanta.
- Have your lender complete loan
package and forward it to ADA.
Invest Atlanta Downpayment Assistance fillable application
Preferred Housing Education providers
Participating Attorneys List
For questions that are not available on the website, call 404-614-8280 or email Invest Atlanta’s Loan Officer, Michele Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org