Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, preparing accurate and timely reports and statements in accordance with GAAP, and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures are being adhered to across the Invest Atlanta organization. The Corporate Controller is responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling financial related activities of Invest Atlanta and its’ related entities. This position will be responsible for routine accounting tasks and activities and is heavily relied upon for the daily accounting operations of the organization. The Corporate Controller is also responsible for assisting the Chief Financial Officer in preparing the monthly finance board materials and the annual budget.
The Corporate Controller manages a staff in the areas of corporate accounting, A/P, A/R and home loan financing, reporting & budgeting.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Invest Atlanta’s financial reporting, general ledger structure and organizational objectives.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of financial accounting transactions across the organization.
- Responsible for providing oversight of remote deposits and recording all cash receipts and reconciling sub-ledgers daily.
- Analyze financial records and reports and adjust as needed.
- Prepare and record expense allocation and revenue transactions.
- Review A/P and A/R Aging’s reports to tie to general ledger monthly for primary government entities and its component units.
- Develop and maintain documentation of accounting policies and procedures to strengthen internal controls; ensure conformity with policies and procedures and take appropriate action when non-conformances are identified.
- Guide the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department; provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Manage the implementation and advancement of appropriate software across the organization.
- Research technical accounting issues to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for preparing technical accounting memo for significant transactions such as Bond issuance etc.
- Manage the annual budget process.
- Review reconciled customer loan balances and /or draw request for all programs administered such as HOME 4.0, Atlanta Housing Opportunity, Beltline Affordable and Neighborhood Lift Programs.
- Review reconciled loan balances with City of Atlanta housing department.
- Maintain/create amortization schedules and setup of loans in system.
- Review reconciled customer loan balances including sub-ledgers and general ledger.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review reconciled all intercompany balances monthly.
- Lead the accounting department in all areas including annual audits and special projects.
- Interface with departments to verify transactions and research accounting issues.
- Advise staff regarding the posting of non-routine accounting transactions.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a B.S. in Accounting and at least five (5) years of corporate accounting experience to include departmental and reporting; or an equivalent combination of education and 8 - 10 years of work experience. CPA Required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with track record of success in motivating teams towards optimal performance.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills and ability to offer creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to build effective finance and corporate support functions with both internal and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills combined with the capacity to develop and maintain internal controls and comply with policies and procedures.
- Ability to function as a “hands on” financial professional maintaining detailed knowledge of all Invest Atlanta governmental component units.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously with stringent deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and general ledger modules.
- Ability to execute, follow-up.
- Ability to lead accounting teams by providing solutions and creating process efficiencies.
Resumes should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.