Director, Business Retention, Expansion & Workforce Programs
The Director of Business Retention, Expansion and Workforce Programs role is an opportunity for a motivated, self-starter to serve as the go-to resource for businesses within the City of Atlanta to turn to for expansion, retention and work force needs. The ideal candidate will have deep connections to the Atlanta business community, understand economic development principles around BRE and work force programs and understand the importance of working collaboratively with other stakeholders in the city. This position will be responsible for strong metrics as it pertains to matching business needs with workforce assets and serving as a resource for business expansion and retention efforts in the City of Atlanta.
- Serve as the city-wide business liaison and point of contact for all economic and workforce development resources. Experience with workforce development projects is highly desired; you must be able to connect business needs with workforce talent.
- Must be able to identify, qualify and track opportunities for company retention and expansion plans.
- Schedule face-to-face interaction with local businesses to determine areas of support from Invest Atlanta and work with partner agencies on major projects.
- Perform data entry functions for each business visit to be submitted on the Invest Atlanta CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Work with and serve as a partner to local EDOs on BRE efforts.
- Conduct follow-up research and trouble shoot problems/concerns when required in support of BRE duties.
- Define and modify program of work to maximize positive outcomes and efficiencies for the benefit of local businesses.
- Must have working knowledge of the broker/commercial real estate communities and ability to activate that network.
- Must have a great working relationship with city departments, partner organizations, etc. to assist in resolving issues of existing businesses.
- Develop a tracking mechanism to determine business needs and identify viable solutions for those businesses.
- Ability to evaluate commercial real estate transactions for financial feasibility to ensure the needs of businesses are being met.
- Create new programs to assist businesses with their growth strategy and increase market penetration, etc.
- Identify suitable commercial space for existing business owners looking to expand their business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/listening skills.
- Highly motivated/self-starter.
- Leadership/management skills – must be able to represent Invest Atlanta to stakeholders, businesses and partners.
- Highly organized/ time management skills. Must be able to work automatously in an outward facing role.
- Detail oriented – must be able to demonstrate ability to create a strategy and execute.
- Private or public sector sales and/or management background desired.
- Knowledge of economic and workforce development programs. Experience with workforce development is highly desired.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor' s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Economic Development, Urban Planning, Commercial Real Estate, Economics, Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in economic development, redevelopment, commercial real estate development, banking, financial planning, business assistance and service, chamber of commerce, government, public facility or infrastructure development, public and/or private finance, or workforce development.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.