Director, Women's Entrepreneurship Initiatives (WEI)
Invest Atlanta is seeking a professional with leadership experience and vision within the entrepreneur - innovation ecosystem to direct, administer and oversee the direction and day-to-day activities related to the execution of the Women's Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI). Reporting to the Invest Atlanta's CEO and the WEI Board, the Director will develop, manage and execute programs and initiatives that support the development of all women entrepreneurs with a keen focus on the WEI Cohorts. This is a high-profile position and requires strong business acumen.
The Director of WEI will be responsible for key areas such as innovation policy, entrepreneur workforce programs, women entrepreneurship, financial capacity building and entrepreneur retention and entrepreneur development throughout the city.
- Manage all aspects relating to the WEI cohort (past, current and future).
- Develop a mechanism to make WEI sustainable.
- Manage the effort to support innovation and entrepreneurship projects City-wide.
- Establish strategic relationship/partnerships within the Atlanta business community and innovation eco-system.
- Attend special meetings when necessary in support of women entrepreneurial efforts.
- Build women entrepreneurship and the emergence of locally generated technology business.
- Develop a program to support the next generation of women entrepreneurs.
- Create a women’s entrepreneurship dashboard.
- Create an Access to Capital Strategy for the women entrepreneurs and the city.
- Support workforce development programs focusing on training individuals with a focus on women for entrepreneurship.
- Represent the City and Invest Atlanta at appropriate women entrepreneurship events and conferences.
- Coordinate with surrounding jurisdictions on entrepreneur matters including outreach programs and projects.
- Coordinate and execute projects, programs, and assignments as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (preferred) from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, public administration, real estate, economics, finance or related field with ten (10) years of progressively responsible corporate or government experience in commercial real estate, investment and finance, site selection, economic development or business retention & attraction; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which equips the applicant with knowledge, skills and abilities described above.
- Experience with Financing (debt and equity) tools stronger preferred.
- Proven leadership skills are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKI LLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven business development and entrepreneurial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large and small corporations.
- Demonstrate the capacity to comprehend, interpret and apply regulations, procedures and related information.
- Excellent ability to gather, analyze and synthesize financial data to analyze a company.
- Collaborative team player; ability to multitask with disciplined attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to political, nonprofit and business communities.
- Skill managing competing tasks and priorities.
- Ability to review, interpret and disseminate information and make recommendations.
- Ability to speak in public.
Resumes should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.