Mortgage Loan Coordinator
The Invest Atlanta Mortgage Loan Coordinator (MLC) is responsible for providing support to the Director of Homeownership & Single-Family Services and Homeownership Specialist. The primary focus of the position is to manage/facilitate the Homeownership Center down payment assistant programs including but not limited to performing loan processing, closing and post-closing duties. The MLC is the initial point of contact for lenders and agents and must be able to effectively communicate to the client, including receiving information to process a file for down payment assistance.
Tasks include managing the loan process, including collecting additional documents as required by program guidelines to insure timely closing of loans. Mortgage knowledge is utilized by reviewing appraisals/values, loan applications, income documentation, and other mortgage documents. In addition, the MLC receive, set up and process requests for loan subordination and/or short sale approvals and serve as a liaison for the Homeownership Center during this process. The MLC will serve as the backup the Homeownership Specialist in their absence. MLCs are also responsible for distributing marketing materials; this may include media kits, emails, flyers, and other related materials. The MLC will report directly to the Director of Homeownership & Single-Family Services.
- Collect, review, process and verify accuracy of all borrower and vendor documents for several single-family initiatives including but not limited to the current private and public program offerings.
- Analyze down payment assistance loan file data for accuracy and completeness based on the program’s compliance guidelines.
- Regulate communication with loan underwriters, originators and processors to obtain missing items needed to complete files.
- Review and determine client eligibility. Approve and submit completed down payment assistance loan applications for final approval.
- Train loan originators, underwriters, processors, lender post-closing departments, attorneys, real estate agents, homebuyer education providers and potential homebuyers on the correct process, forms and procedures used to assess client eligibility and close loans.
- Conduct monthly Lender Trainings via webinar and in person.
- Evaluate, understand and comprehend the Mortgage Loan Process through post-closing.
- Approve pre-closing files in absence of the Director of Homeownership & Single-Family Services.
- Prepare and submit payment request forms and documentation to stakeholder partners i.e., City of Atlanta, Office of Housing for HOME Program.
- Complete all Subordination Requests.
- Assist the Homeownership Specialist with the development and implementation of marketing strategy targeted to Atlanta’s workforce (i.e. educator, government and healthcare professionals) as well as real estate professionals including mortgage companies, operations staff, lenders and real estate agents.
- Assist Homeownership Specialist to facilitate twice monthly Q & A sessions for prospective buyers.
- Comply with all Federal and State compliance policies while providing a high level of customer service.
- Complete all loan closing responsibilities in the absence of the Homeownership Specialist.
- Attend several external homeownership events a year, to represent the Invest Atlanta Homebuyer Incentives, sometimes on Saturdays.
- Plan and execute the annual Partner Appreciation event.
- Develop relationships with external mortgage consultants and processors to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Be familiar with all Homeownership Incentives beyond down-payment assistance.
- Perform any duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degrees in business administration, public administration, real estate, economics or related field with five (5) years of progressively responsible mortgage experience; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience which equips the applicant with knowledge, skills and abilities described above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiar with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA/VA and HUD guidelines
- Government and Conventional Processing Experience
- Mortgage sales and processing experience preferred. Mortgage closing experience.
- Maintain mortgage knowledge.
- Keep current on policies and procedures .
- Demonstrated capacity to comprehend and interpret standard mortgage documents, regulations and guidelines.
- Solid time management skills and ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent ability to work well with clients and to gather, analyze and synthesize data in preparation of loan closing documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks in a constantly changing environment; excellent telephone, organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications.
- Have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with customers through marketing techniques.
Resumes should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.