Project Manager, Economic Development
Under the direction of the Vice President of Economic Development, the Project Manager, Economic Development will perform the following duties: plan, organize, monitor, manage, and evaluate economic development project activities. Responsibilities include: coordinating, directing, and implementing programs and projects that support commercial, office, and industrial development; coordinating data analysis and research activities of the Economic Development Department; writing and coordinating grant writing activities on behalf of businesses; the attraction and retention of domestic and international businesses; and small business development initiatives.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promoting the City of Atlanta as a business location to private companies, real estate brokers, and site location consultants.
- Representing Invest Atlanta with local, state, and regional economic development stakeholders and partners.
- Developing plans and analyses for economic development related projects as well as conducting economic and fiscal impact analyses.
- Responding to requests for information, conducting research, financial modeling and tax incentive analyses.
- Maintaining projects in the organization's CRM system.
- Evaluating projects on a cost/benefit basis.
- Aiding companies and developers with navigating City of Atlanta processes and structures.
- Preparing reports on economic development activities for the Invest Atlanta Board and City Council.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated strong research, data analysis, and data interpretation skills.
- Expert in facilitating public-private partnerships and facilitating relationships with Invest Atlanta’s key partners.
- Experience in supporting the overall management of economic development project activities.
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor' s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Economic Development, Urban Planning, Commercial Real Estate, Economics, Finance or a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years progressively responsible work experience or management of projects and programs in economic development, redevelopment, commercial real estate development, banking, financial planning, business assistance and service, chamber of commerce, government, public facility or infrastructure development, public and/or private finance, or workforce development.
- Must have intermediate or higher mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum of a working knowledge of a CRM system. Company sponsored training is available.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.