Senior Project Manager, Business Attraction
Invest Atlanta is the City of Atlanta’s economic development agency. We advance Atlanta’s global competitiveness by growing a strong economy and building vibrant communities. Under the direction of the Vice President of Economic Development, the Senior Project Manager – Business Attraction, plans, organizes, monitors, manages, and evaluates economic development project activities. Responsibilities include: coordinating, directing, and implementing programs and projects that support commercial, office, and industrial development; workforce development; the attraction of and assistance to domestic and international businesses; development of public facilities and infrastructure; small business development initiatives; and/or other economic development, redevelopment, or capital improvement programs or projects.
- Promoting the City of Atlanta as a business location to private companies, real estate brokers, and site location consultants.
- Representing Invest Atlanta with local, state, and regional economic development stakeholders and partners.
- Developing plans and analyses for economic development related projects including responding to request for information.
- Conducting research, financial modeling and tax incentive analyses, as well as maintaining projects in the organization’s CRM system.
- Evaluating projects on a cost/benefit basis.
- Providing assistance to companies and developers with navigating City of Atlanta processes and structures.
- Preparing reports on economic development activities for the Invest Atlanta Board and City Council.
- Planning and budgeting for trade shows and trade missions in targeted industry sectors; performing related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Expert in facilitating public-private partnerships and facilitating relationships with Invest Atlanta’s key partners.
- Experience in supporting the overall management of economic development project activities.
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor' s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Economic Development, Urban Planning, Commercial Real Estate, Economics, Finance or a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Five to seven years progressively responsible work experience or management of projects and programs in economic development, redevelopment, commercial real estate development, banking, financial planning, business assistance and service, chamber of commerce, government, public facility or infrastructure development, public and/or private finance, or workforce development.
- Must have intermediate or higher mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum of a working knowledge of a CRM system. Company sponsored training is available.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.