Small Business Opportunity Zone Coordinator
Invest Atlanta is seeking a highly organized, hardworking and self-motivated Small Business Opportunity Zone Coordinator to provide technical assistance to small businesses, entrepreneurs, and developers. Some of the technical assistance offered will include support in the creation of business plans, pro formas, capital stack development, community outreach, etc. Additional responsibilities will include providing support to the Small Business division.
He/she will need to possess strong time management and organizational skills. The candidate will, after training, be comfortable handling the small business loan portfolio, data entry into our electronic database, technical assistance, speaking in public and providing regular reports to the SVP of Economic Development. Our Small Business Opportunity Zone Coordinator is an essential part of our ability to continue serving the small business community within Atlanta’s 26 Federal Opportunity Zones. The Small Business Opportunity Zone Coordinator will also help to identify ways that Invest Atlanta can be more effective and efficient supporting small business financing needs.
- Provide technical assistance to current and future small business entrepreneurs and developers in the Opportunity Zones.
- Serve as a convener for businesses within the Zones and potential investors.
- When needed, manage, record and maintain loan data for the small business loan portfolio.
- Manage loan portfolio reporting on a monthly, quarterly, annually and ad-hoc basis.
- Provide input to the Director Small Business Development for the small business KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and Dashboard.
- Provide assistance to the new on-line small business application portal and the opportunity zone website as needed.
- Assist the Director Small Business Development with arranging community/ business association meetings.
- Identify and connect Small business owners/entrepreneurs to additional resources (financial and/or capacity building) with partner organizations.
- Fundraising activities through public, private or philanthropic activities to support small business growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal and business management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance, public policy, or related fields. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Equivalent work experience with a loan portfolio of at least 2 to 5 years in government, economic development or a financial institution preferred.
Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Invest Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants, including but not limited to Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.