NPU-V Small Business Improvement Program
You could receive a grant of between $3,000 and $10,000 for property improvements!
The NPU-V Small Business Improvement Grant (SBIG) is a grant to business or property owners in the Mechanicsville, Pittsburgh, and Peoplestown neighborhoods. Qualified property owners and business owners can receive between $3,000 and $10,000 for eligible exterior and interior renovations. This program is in partnership with the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
SBIG Application Process
Additional instructions are listed below.
Mail Hard-Copy Application & $50 Fee
Email PDF to Invest Atlanta
Application Due May 3, 2019
Join us to learn more at our information session on Tuesday, April 2 from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Southeast Atlanta Library
1463 Pryor Rd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30315
Additional Application Details
- No handwritten applications will be accepted. All applications must be typed on the provided application form.
- Applications should include all required components, including a completed Application and all required supporting documentation (see Exhibit B).
- Hard-copy applications with original signatures and application fee may be mailed to:
Southside Community & Economic Development Manager
133 Peachtree Street, Suite 2900
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
- Electronic applications (also required) may be sent to Erika Smith at email@example.com. Please use the following subject headline: “(name of business occupying property) NPU-V SBIG Application”
- Submit application and fee between March 4, 2019 through May 3, 2019. All applications must be submitted by 12pm (noon) May 3, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted in hard copy (one original copy) and in digital PDF format via email.
- Owners of commercial properties smaller than 15,000 square feet apply with their businessowner tenants. Tenants must currently have a minimum 3-year lease.
- Property must be occupied by an operating business licensed by the City of Atlanta.
- Properties constructed in the last 10 years are not eligible.
- Properties with national credit tenants (i.e., national chain businesses) are not eligible.
- Properties owned by religious institutions, public agencies or nonprofit agencies are not eligible
- A minimum of 50% of NPU-V SBIG funds must be used for exterior improvements to the property.
- All exterior improvements must be visible from the public right-of-way.
- Interior improvements should significantly enhance the customer and employee experience.
- Additional eligible uses are located within the grant guidelines & application