NPU-V Small Business Improvement Program
You could receive a grant of between $3,000 and $10,000 for property improvements!
The NPU-V Small Business Improvement Grant (SBIG) is a grant to business or property owners in the Mechanicsville, Pittsburgh, and Peoplestown neighborhoods. Qualified property owners and business owners can receive between $3,000 and $10,000 for eligible exterior and interior renovations. This program is in partnership with the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
SBIG Application Process
Additional instructions are listed below.
Join us to learn more at our information session on Tuesday, April 2 from 6 - 7:30 p.m.
Southeast Atlanta Library
1463 Pryor Rd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30315
Additional Application Details
- No handwritten applications will be accepted. All applications must be typed on the provided application form.
- Applications should include all required components, including a completed Application and all required supporting documentation (see Exhibit B).
- Hard-copy applications with original signatures and application fee may be mailed to:
Southside Community & Economic Development Manager
133 Peachtree Street, Suite 2900
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
- Electronic applications (also required) may be sent to Erika Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject headline: “(name of business occupying property) NPU-V SBIG Application”
- Submit application and fee between March 4, 2019 through May 3, 2019. All applications must be submitted by 12pm (noon) May 3, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted in hard copy (one original copy) and in digital PDF format via email.
- Owners of commercial properties smaller than 15,000 square feet apply with their businessowner tenants. Tenants must currently have a minimum 3-year lease.
- Property must be occupied by an operating business licensed by the City of Atlanta.
- Properties constructed in the last 10 years are not eligible.
- Properties with national credit tenants (i.e., national chain businesses) are not eligible.
- Properties owned by religious institutions, public agencies or nonprofit agencies are not eligible
- A minimum of 50% of NPU-V SBIG funds must be used for exterior improvements to the property.
- All exterior improvements must be visible from the public right-of-way.
- Interior improvements should significantly enhance the customer and employee experience.
- Additional eligible uses are located within the grant guidelines & application