NPU-V Small Business Improvement Program
You could receive a grant of between $3,000 and $10,000 for property improvements!
The NPU-V Small Business Improvement Grant (SBIG) is a grant to business or property owners in the Mechanicsville, Pittsburgh, and Peoplestown neighborhoods. Qualified property owners and business owners can receive between $3,000 and $10,000 for eligible exterior and interior renovations. This program is in partnership with the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
SBIG Application Process
Additional instructions are listed below.
Mail Hard-Copy Application & $50 Fee
Email PDF to Invest Atlanta
Application Due March 1, 2020
Additional Application Details
- No handwritten applications will be accepted. All applications must be typed on the provided application form.
- Applications should include all required components, including a completed Application and all required supporting documentation (see Guidelines).
- Hard-copy applications with original signatures and application fee may be mailed to:
Neighborhood Revitalization Manager
133 Peachtree Street, Suite 2900
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
- Electronic applications (also required) may be sent to Alyson Schwieger via email, aschwieger at investatlanta.com. Please use the following subject headline: “(name of property or business) NPU-V SBIG Application”
- Submit application and fee between Novemeber 7, 2019 through March 1, 2020. All applications must be submitted by 12pm (noon) March 1, 2020.
- Applications must be submitted in hard copy (one original copy) and in digital PDF format via email.
- Owners of occuped properties apply with their business owner tenants. Tenants must have a minimum 12-month lease.
- Properties constructed in the last 10 years are not eligible.
- Properties with national credit tenants (i.e., national chain businesses) are not eligible.
- Properties owned by religious institutions, public agencies or nonprofit agencies are not eligible.
- A minimum of 50% of NPU-V SBIG funds must be used for exterior improvements to the property.
- All exterior improvements must be visible from the public right-of-way.
- Interior improvements should significantly enhance the customer and employee experience.
- Additional eligible uses are located within the grant guidelines & application.