A new commercial restaurant space will be coming to 377 Edgewood Ave. with support from a $500,000 Eastside Tax Allocation District (TAD) Resurgens Fund Grant. The grant will support the renovation, restoration and expansion of what originally was built as a Gulf gas station in 1940. The art modern-influenced building is currently boarded up and in a state of disrepair.
Developer Bohica II, LLC will restore and expand the space to accommodate two potential restaurant concepts. The renovation will increase the space from 1,250 square feet to approximately 4,300 square feet, which includes the addition of a second story with a separate entrance. The renovation also will offer upgraded parking, a large street-side patio with a fireplace element, landscaping and new fencing. The ground floor will include an all-weather enclosed patio, and an upper-level deck will overlook the Atlanta skyline.
This project provides for economic development and historic preservation within the Martin Luther King Jr. Landmark District – two key goals for the Eastside TAD.