Atlanta’s Women Entrepreneurship Initiative (WEI), a business incubator for early-stage, women-owned businesses, announced the fifteen members of its third cohort at the monthly meeting of Invest Atlanta’s Board of Directors.
The only municipally-funded program of its kind in the nation, WEI launched in 2015 with the support of the City of Atlanta and Invest Atlanta. The incubator fosters and promotes community and spurs business growth for female entrepreneurs in a wide range of industries, from AgTech to healthcare to retail.
Since its inception, WEI businesses have created more than 230 jobs for the City of Atlanta and WEI entrepreneurs have garnered more than $800,000 in capital investment.
Invest Atlanta CEO Dr. Eloisa Klementich emphasized the importance of community support for female entrepreneurs and noted that nearly 48 percent of women cite this lack of support as a key challenge they face. “The Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative provides these entrepreneurs with resources that can help them thrive. Invest Atlanta is committed to assisting women entrepreneurs to grow their businesses so they can become the city's job creators.”
Participants benefit from co-working space in downtown Atlanta’s historic Flatiron Building for the 15-month program that includes business education, financial literacy, marketing and branding strategies, as well as other types of mentor and peer support.
The WEI 2020 cohort includes Atlanta-based women entrepreneurs representing industries in AgTech, Construction, Consumer Goods, Information Technology, Health Care, Education, Marketing & Advertising and Workforce Development.
Calling the newest cohort “the strongest yet,” WEI Executive Director Monica Hooks said, “I’m beyond thrilled to help lead this group of extraordinary entrepreneurs. They represent Atlanta’s best and brightest. They are smart, they are agile, they are problem solvers, and their innovative solutions will help define the future of business. WEI is not just about women. It is about good business driven by women.”
2020 cohort participants include:
- Akissi Y. Stokes, WUNDERgrubs, LLC
- Amanda A. Farahany, Bamboo Services LLC
- Amber R. Lawson, Aspire Construction & Real Estate Consulting
- Ariel Lopez, KNAC
- Denise Alexis, DESIGN-1-1 LLC
- Evana Oli, Beautiful Curly Me LLC
- Hannelore Berger, JOYVIAL
- Jamia Ramsey, Blendz Apparel Inc
- Kristina Monique Smith, Hope for Youth, Inc
- Quyionah Wingfield, Cool Moms Dance Too
- Sarah Lindley Marske, Saramar, LLC DBA Saramar Group
- Tanjuria A. Willis, eKlozet, LLC
- Trish Miller, The William Pleshette Company
- Veronica Woodruff, Travelsist
- Victoria Randle, CNA Instructors Secret Cocktail