About Invest Atlanta
Invest Atlanta is comprised of the Urban Residential Finance Authority, Downtown Development Authority and the Atlanta Economic Renaissance Corporation, along with the subsidiary, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
Invest Atlanta is the official economic development authority for the City of Atlanta. Its purpose is to strengthen Atlanta’s economy and global competitiveness in order to create increased opportunity and prosperity for the people of Atlanta.
Governed by a nine-member board of directors, chaired by the Mayor of Atlanta, Invest Atlanta creates programs and initiatives focused on developing and fostering public-private partnerships to accelerate job creation/economic growth, neighborhood revitalization/investment, and innovation/entrepreneurship. Invest Atlanta’s economic tools include bond financing, revolving loan funds, housing financing, tax increment financing and tax credits.
In 2015, Invest Atlanta reached a key milestone by becoming the first economic development agency in the State of Georgia and one of only three in the Southeast to be designated as an Accredited Economic Development Organization by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC), one of the highest honors in our industry.
To make Atlanta the most economically dynamic and competitive city in the world.
To advance Atlanta’s global competitiveness by growing a strong economy, building vibrant communities and increasing economic prosperity for all Atlantans.
- We treat our constituents, partners, vendors and each other with respect
- We recognize the contributions of our employees
- We are responsible for each other’s success
- We empower our employees to be creative and take risks
- We have an uncompromising commitment to honesty and integrity
- We create a culture of excellence in everything we do
- We are good stewards of financial resources
- We set the standard for leadership in economic development
- We deliver a world-class level of customer service to everyone we encounter
- We positively impact the lives of the residents of Atlanta