Getting Your Bearings
About The Hollowell/Martin Luther King TAD
The primary purpose of the TAD is to promote balanced growth by stimulating redevelopment and the creation of a vibrant retail corridor. With careful planning and guidance, both Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive – and their surrounding communities – can be transformed into desirable, viable commercial, and pedestrian-friendly communities.
Hollowell/Martin Luther King TAD Development Objectives
The long-term vision for the community was articulated in the 2003 Hollowell/M.L. King Redevelopment Plan:
- Become one of the more desirable locations in the City of Atlanta to live, work and play.
- Support neighborhoods in a way that is sensitive to its historical resources, safe from crime, economically vital, and serviced by good quality schools.
- Provide a healthy mix of housing, retail, employment, industrial, and civic places.
- Create and retain housing that is affordable and appropriate for all segments of the community and that actively protects its environmental resources.
- Support excellent, convenient, and safe access to its transit facilities by all means of transportation.
Invest Atlanta invites qualified developers with an eligible project to submit the contact form below to receive additional information.