Getting Your Bearings
About The Hollowell/Martin Luther King TAD
The primary purpose of the TAD is to promote balanced growth by stimulating redevelopment and the creation of a vibrant retail corridor. With careful planning and guidance, both Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive – and their surrounding communities – can be transformed into desirable, viable commercial, and pedestrian-friendly communities.
Hollowell/Martin Luther King TAD Development Objectives
The long-term vision for the community was articulated in the 2003 Hollowell/M.L. King Redevelopment Plan:
- Become one of the more desirable locations in the City of Atlanta to live, work and play.
- Support neighborhoods in a way that is sensitive to its historical resources, safe from crime, economically vital, and serviced by good quality schools.
- Provide a healthy mix of housing, retail, employment, industrial, and civic places.
- Create and retain housing that is affordable and appropriate for all segments of the community and that actively protects its environmental resources.
- Support excellent, convenient, and safe access to its transit facilities by all means of transportation.